Album : 95 Hits : Charlie Barnet by Charlie Barnet . Genre et sous style: Jazz. Ultimate Big Bands Volume 1. Авторы текста и музыки.
By Charlie Barnet, Charlie Barnet Orchesta. PLAY ALL. Jazz Figures, Charlie Barnet, Volume 1 (1939). Released by Collector Records Greece Nov 2011 21 Tracks. By Charlie Barnet, Charlie Barnet Orchesta.
Includes FREE MP3 version of this album. Classic Jazz Archive 1913-1991. Barnet Charlie-Collection 1935-1937. The Very Best Of. Charlie Barnet.
Charles Daly Barnet (October 26, 1913 – September 4, 1991) was an American jazz saxophonist, composer, and bandleader. His major recordings were "Skyliner", "Cherokee", "The Wrong Idea", "Scotch and Soda", "In a Mizz", and "Southland Shuffle". Barnet was born in New York City. His parents divorced when he was two, and he was raised by his mother and her grandparents. His grandfather was Charles Frederick Daly, a vice-president for the New York Central Railroad, banker, and businessman.
Listen free to Charlie Barnet – Complete Jazz Series 1933 - 1936 (Whats Is Sweeter (10-09-33), I'm No Angel (10-09-33) and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Sunday 24 February 2019. 0. Monday 25 February 2019.
More albums by this artist. Still The Bluebird Sings.
Features Song Lyrics for Charlie Barnet's The Charlie Barnet Collection, Vol. 1: 1935-1947 album. Charlie Barnet Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963. RIFF’d: Nas’ ‘Nasir’. Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965.
Charlie Barnet, a talented big band leader and saxophonist, must have found himself waking up on the days when these two albums, now packed on a single CD, were recorded in 1958, and thought he was in 1938. Sessions like these are what the term "retro" is all about. Everyone is quite workmanlike in the studio. In this instance, Barnet is decked out in a feather headdress, probably because the album opens with "Cherokee/Redskin Rhumba.
|July 10, 1952|
|A1||I Love You|
|A2||Sleepy Time Gal|
|A4||Keep The Home Fires Burning|
|November 29, 1954|
|A5||Lullaby Of Birdland|
|A6||By The Waters Of Minnetonka|
|A7||Commanche War Dance|
|December 6, 1954|
|B2||Indian Love Call|
|December 20, 1954|
|B7||From The Land Of Sky Blue Water|
- Alto Saxophone – Dick Paladino (tracks: A1-A4), Stan Seckler* (tracks: A1-A4), Willie Smith (tracks: A5-A7)
- Arranged By – Andy Gibson (tracks: A1-A4), Billy May (tracks: A5-B3)
- Baritone Saxophone – Bob Dawes (tracks: A5-A7), Chuck Gentry (tracks: A5-A7), Don Davidson (tracks: A1-A4)
- Bass – Bob Peterson (tracks: A1-A4), Joe Mondragon (tracks: B1-B5), Sam Chieftz* (tracks: A5-A7)
- Bongos – Jack Costanza* (tracks: B6-B7)
- Drums – Alvin Stoller (tracks: A5-A7), Don Lamond (tracks: A1-A4)
- Guitar – Mundell Lowe (tracks: A1-A4), Tony Rizzi (tracks: A5-A7)
- Piano – Bob Harrington (tracks: A5-A7), Hank Jones (tracks: A1-A4)
- Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Charlie Barnet
- Tenor Saxophone – Fred Falensby* (tracks: A5-A7), George Auld* (tracks: A5-A7), Kurt Bloom (tracks: A1-A4), Ray Norman (tracks: A1-A4)
- Trombone – Dick Kenney (tracks: A1-A4), Dick Nash (tracks: B1-B5), Herbie Harper* (tracks: A5-A7), John Soltaine (tracks: A1-A4), Milt Bernhart (tracks: A5-A7, B6-B7), Obie Massingill (tracks: A1-A4), Si Zentner (tracks: A5-A7), Tommy Pederson (tracks: A5-A7)
- Trumpet – Al Porcino (tracks: A1-A4), Buddy Childers (tracks: A5-A7), Charlie Shavers (tracks: A1-A4), Conrad Gozzo (tracks: B1-B5), Dick Sherman (tracks: A1-A4), Doc Severinson* (tracks: A1-A4), John Best (tracks: A5-A7), Maynard Ferguson (tracks: A5-A7), Pete Candoli (tracks: A5-A7), Wayne Nichols (tracks: A1-A4)
Performer: Charlie Barnet
Title: In Disco Order Volume 24
Style: Big Band
Size MP3: 1585 mb
Size FLAC: 1243 mb
Rating: 4.1 / 5
Other Formats: MP2 AC3 AA AU MPC TTA VOC