i don't own any parts of this music nor do i benefit monetarily from it's post in any form, shape or fashion.
New Amerykah Part One (4th World War) - Erykah Badu. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией.
Madlib, 9th Wonder, and Shafiq Husayn are among the producers. The first in a series of pointedly social records from Erykah Badu, this fascinating, sonically adventurous album finds her exploring a post-Civil Rights landscape in which African-Americans have been left to sort out how to have a cultural identity as part of a nation that had, up until very recently, been a dedicated adversary.
Complete your Erykah Badu collection. Management – Big Mike Knight, Ward White. Photography By – Marc Baptiste. Product Manager – Paul Levatino, Shanti Das.
New Amerykah Part Two (Return of the Ankh) is the fifth studio album by American recording artist Erykah Badu, first released on March 30, 2010, through Universal Motown. The album was recorded primarily at Electric Lady Studios in New York City.
1. Erykah Badu - Amerykahn Promise (4:16) 2. Erykah Badu - The Healer (3:59) 3. Erykah Badu - Me (5:36) 4. Erykah Badu - My People (3:24) 5. Erykah Badu - Soldier (5:03) 6. Erykah Badu - The Cell (4:20) 7. Erykah Badu - Twinkle (6:56) 8. Erykah Badu - Master Teacher (6:47) 9. Erykah Badu - That Hump (5:24) 10. Erykah Badu - Telephone (7:47) 11. Erykah Badu - Honey (5:20). Download Erykah Badu - New Amerykah: Part One (4th World War) : Uploaded Ifolder.
Summary: Erykah Badu's latest album was produced by 9th Wonder, Madlib, Mike "Chav" Chavarria, and Bilal. Record Label: Motown. Genre(s): R&B, Soul. New Amerykah is her delicious two-part concept album about modern American society. Both perceptive and insular, 4th World War means deep lyrics wrapped in fresh (even after three years after its release) beats. Amerykahn Promise kicks off like a lost blaxploitation film trailer and offers simply more everything. Me sounds like a Flying Lotus-produced track. The best thing here is probably The Healer in which Badu shows those glittering babies how you do i. Expand. 0 of 0 users found this helpful.
Erykah Badu's fourth studio album is as ambitious and insane as its title implies: part state-of-the-nation opus, part eye-opening trawl through the unexplored depths of Badu's brain.
Subtitled 4th World War (when was the third, eh?), New Amerykah Part One is the first release in five years from the woman born Erica Wright. The wait was worthwhile though, as this smart, eclectic set, her fourth, adds to the grand tradition of socially conscious soul music. Literally so in the case of opener "Amerykahn Promise", spun by Badu straight over an obscure seventies funk track by Roy Ayers's protégés Ramp. The US public certainly assented, sending New Amerykah towards the top of the album charts. Only the eighties-style slow jam "Honey", charming in itself, seems at odds with the serious mood and is thus tagged on the end. The now eagerly anticipated Part Two is due later this year.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Co-producer – Edwin Birdsong, William AllenProducer – Roy AyersVocals – Ramp
Producer – Madlib
Guitar – Jeff Lee Johnson*Horns – Roy Hargrove
Percussion, Drums [Talking Drum] – Josef Liemberg*Producer – Madlib
Backing Vocals – Alfredo Grey*, Kay K Rosemond, Mike "Chav" Chavarria*Producer – Karriem Riggins
Guitar – Jeff Lee Johnson*, Omar A Rodriguez-Lopez*Producer – Taz Arnold
Vocals – Ty & KoryVocals, Keyboards – Georgia Anne Muldrow
Drums [Trap Drums] – Karreim Riggins*Keyboards [Fender Rhodes, Juno 106], Bass [Synth Bass, Roland Sh-101], Drums [Trap Drums] – Om'Mas KeithProducer – Om'Mas Keith
Bass – Michael Elazondo*Drums – Ahmir "? Luv" Thompson*Producer – Ahmir Thompson*, James Poyser
Producer – 9th Wonder
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Motown Records
- Copyright (c) – Universal Motown Records
- Distributed By – Universal Music Distribution
- Pressed By – EDC, USA
- A&R – Kay K Rosemond Ginger Bread Man*
- Art Direction, Design – Kyledidthis
- Bass – Steve "Thunder Cat" Bruner* (tracks: 3, 6, 8, 9)
- Drums [Talking Drum] – E. Badu* (tracks: 4)
- Executive-Producer [Associate Producer] – Jay Electronica, Shafiq Husayn
- Executive-Producer [Co-executive Producer] – Mike "Chav" Chavarria*
- Executive-Producer, Art Direction, Design – Erykah Badu
- Guitar – Mike "Chav" Chavarria* (tracks: 10)
- Illustration – EMEK Studios (EMEK & Gan)*
- Keyboards – James Poyser (tracks: 3, 9, 10)
- Management – Big Mike Knight*, Ward White
- Percussion – E. Badu* (tracks: 4, 6)
- Photography By – Marc Baptiste
- Producer – E. Badu* (tracks: 3, 5 to 7, 9, 10), Mike "Chav" Chavarria* (tracks: 7), The Sa-Ra Creative Partners* (tracks: 3, 6 to 9), Shafiq Husayn (tracks: 3, 6, 7, 8, 9)
- Producer [Additional Production] – E. Badu* (tracks: 1), Mike "Chav" Chavarria* (tracks: 1)
- Programmed By [Additional Programming], Effects [Fx] – Mike "Chav" Chavarria* (tracks: 2, 7)
- Programmed By, Keyboards – Shafiq Husayn (tracks: 8)
- Vocals – E. Badu*
- Vocals [Guest] – Bilal (tracks: 2, 4, 7, 8)
- Written-By – Ahmir Thompson* (tracks: 10), A. Posee* (tracks: 4), C. McDonald* (tracks: 11), Curtis Mayfield (tracks: 8), D. Vangerde* (tracks: 2), D. Shields* (tracks: 11), Edwin Birdsong, E. Badu* (tracks: 2 to 7, 9 to 11), F. Baskett* (tracks: 11), Georgia Anne Mulrow* (tracks: 8), G. Willemse* (tracks: 5), H. Waterman* (tracks: 5), James Poyser (tracks: 10), Karriem Riggins (tracks: 5), L. Caston* (tracks: 4), Madlib (tracks: 2), Om'Mas Keith (tracks: 9), Otis Jackson Jr. (tracks: 2, 4), Patrick Douthit (tracks: 11), Roy Ayers (tracks: 1), Shafiq Husayn (tracks: 3, 6 to 8), Taz Arnold (tracks: 7), T. Barlage* (tracks: 5), W. Ennes* (tracks: 5), William Allen (tracks: 1)
NotesThe track lengths listed on the album artwork are incorrect - the actual lengths are listed below.
Track 11 "Honey" is a Bonus Track listed only on the booklet.
The Enhanced part of the CD contains Bandlink (Web Connected Media) software.
The 24-page booket contains lyrics.
Note that Variant 3 is stamped with "MADE IN USA BY UML" even though the disc was manufactured after UML was renamed to EDC, USA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 02517 62187 9
- Barcode (Scanned): 602517621879
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): [EDC LOGO] B00 108 0002R1 01$
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L009
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFP 0363
- Other (Variant 1, Mould Stamp): MADE IN USA BY EDC
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): [EDC LOGO] B00 108 0002R1 01$
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L009
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFP 0312
- Other (Variant 2, Mould Stamp): MADE IN USA
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): F [EDC LOGO] B00 108 0002R1 01$
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI L009
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0345
- Other (Variant 3, Mould Stamp): MADE IN USA BY UML
|B0010800-01||Erykah Badu||New Amerykah: Part One (4th World War) (2xLP, Album)||Universal Motown, Control Freaq Records||B0010800-01||US||2007|
|1763058||Erykah Badu||New Amerykah Part One (4th World War) (CD, Album, Promo)||Universal Motown, Island Records Group||1763058||UK||2008|
|none||Erykah Badu||New Amerykah: Part One (4th World War) (12xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||Universal Motown||none||US||2008|
|602517625921||Erykah Badu||New Amerykah: Part One (4th World War) (2xLP, Album)||Universal Motown||602517625921||Europe||2008|
|1763058||Erykah Badu||New Amerykah Part One (4th World War) (CD, Album)||Universal Motown, Island Records Group||1763058||UK||2008|
Performer: Erykah Badu
Title: New Amerykah: Part One (4th World War)
Date of release: 2007
Style: Future Jazz, Soul, Funk, Conscious
Size MP3: 1466 mb
Size FLAC: 1934 mb
Rating: 4.2 / 5
Other Formats: MP2 AUD DTS VOX ADX AIFF AU