Album · 1985 · 16 Songs.
Stan Ridgway's first solo album released in 1986 .
The Big Heat has Stan Ridgway's love of film noir and Jim Thompson-style stories splashed gaudily all over it.
The Big Heat is the 1986 debut solo album by former Wall of Voodoo vocalist Stan Ridgway, named after the 1953 film noir of the same name.
B4), Stan Ridgway (tracks: A3 to A5, B3, B4). Engineer, Technician, Other – Mark Lewis (2).
Mosquitos is the second album by Stan Ridgway. Tori Amos provided background vocals for three songs on this album before becoming known as a solo artist. Amos was brought in by producer Joe Chiccarelli, who had worked with her former band Y Kant Tori Read. Heat Takes a Walk" - 2:43. Goin' Southbound" - 4:42. Can't Complain" - 3:49. Peg and Pete and Me" - 4:41. Calling Out to Carol" - 4:04. The Last Honest Man" - 4:01.
Features Song Lyrics for Stan Ridgway's The Big Heat album.
The Big Heat Stan Ridgway. This album has an average beat per minute of 123 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 90/177 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page.
Stan Ridgway - The Big Heat. Слушать mp3. Клип песни.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||The Big Heat
Drums – Bruce ZelesnikKeyboards – Bill Noland, Hugh Jones, John DentinoMixed By – Hugh JonesViolin, Cello – Mr. Christopher
|A2||Pick It Up (And Put It In Your Pocket)
Keyboards – Mitchell FroomPercussion – Hugo BurnhamPiano – Bill NolandViolin – Richard Greene
|A3||Can't Stop The Show
Bass – Mark Terlizzi, Mike WattKeyboards – Louis Van Den Berg
Guitar, Drum Programming – Joe RamirezKeyboards – Louis Van Den BergVocals [Additional] – Joe Ramirez, Pietra Wexstun
|A5||Walkin' Home Alone
Drums – Joe Berardi*Keyboards – Louis Van Den BergTrombone – Bruce Fowler
|B1||Drive She Said
Drums – KK Barett*Keyboards – Bill NolandPercussion – Tom Rechoin*
Bass – Louis Cabasa*Guitar [Feedback] – Eric Williams Keyboards – Bill NolandMixed By – Joe ChiccarelliPercussion – Steve Reid Performer [Emulator] – Richard Gibbs
Keyboards – Louis Van Den Berg
Banjo, Mandolin – Mark Cohen Drums – Chris BecerraKeyboards – Louis Van Den BergVocals [Ghost Platoon] – Mark Lewis , Mark Morris
- Manufactured By – MCA Records, Inc.
- Distributed By – MCA Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – International Record Syndicate, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – International Record Syndicate, Inc.
- Recorded At – J.C. Studios
- Recorded At – The Lighthouse
- Recorded At – Fiddler Studio
- Mastered At – A&M Mastering Studios
- Published By – Mondo Spartacus Music
- Published By – Illegal Songs
- Published By – Criterion Music Corp.
- Pressed By – MCA Pressing Plant, Gloversville
- Art Direction – Carl Grasso
- Booking – Frontier Booking International
- Cover [Concept], Photography By – Scott Lindgren
- Engineer – Hugh Jones (tracks: A1, B1), Jim Hill, Joe Chiccarelli (tracks: B2), Louis Van Den Berg (tracks: A3 to A5, B3, B4), Stan Ridgway (tracks: A3 to A5, B3, B4)
- Engineer [Assistance], Technician [Studio], Other [Interesting Facts] – Mark Lewis
- Management – Chris Lamson, Los Angeles Personal Direction, Miles Copeland
- Mastered By – Frank DeLuna, Marv Bornstein
- Mixed By – Andy Watermann*, Andy Waterman (tracks: A2 to B1, B3, B4), Hugh Jones (tracks: A1), Joe Chiccarelli (tracks: B2)
- Producer – Bill Noland (tracks: B2), Joe Chiccarelli (tracks: B2), Louis Van Den Berg (tracks: A1, A3 to B1, B3, B4), Mitchell Froom (tracks: A2), Stan Ridgway (tracks: A3 to A5, B2 to B4)
- Technician [General Assistance, Construction, Smoke Signals] – Mark Morris
- Vocals, Harmonica, Keyboards, Banjo, Guitar, Bass – Stan Ridgway
- Written-By – Stanard Ridgway*
NotesLabel variation of Stan Ridgway - The Big Heat, pressed at MCA Gloversville
© 1986 International Record Syndicate, Inc.
Printed in the U.S. of A.
[spine] ℗ 1986 irs inc.
Recorded at J.C. Studios, The Lighthouse, and Fiddler's Studio, Los Angeles
All songs Published by Mondo Spartacus/Illegal Songs (BMI). Administered in the U.S. and Canada by Criterion Music.
Special thanks to Pietra, Louis Van den Berg, Chris Lamson, Jay Boberg and the I.R.S. staff, Miles Copeland, Mark Cohen and Fostex, Bill Noland, Wazmo Nariz, Wires and Pliers, a twenty dollar bill on the Santa Monica Pier, and all the very talented people who contributed to this recording.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 76732-5637-1
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): IRS5118
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): IRS5119
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): IRS 5118 AM2..
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): IRS 5118 AM1.
- Matrix / Runout (Both sides runout, stamped): ▣-G-▣
|IRS-5637||Stan Ridgway||The Big Heat (LP, Album)||I.R.S. Records||IRS-5637||US||1986|
|DMIRG 1008||Stan Ridgway||The Big Heat (CD, Album)||I.R.S. Records||DMIRG 1008||UK||1986|
|ILP 26874||Stan Ridgway||The Big Heat (LP, Album)||I.R.S. Records||ILP 26874||Greece||1986|
|ILP 26874, 26874||Stan Ridgway||The Big Heat (LP, Album)||I.R.S. Records, I.R.S. Records||ILP 26874, 26874||Europe||1986|
|28AP 3227||Stan Ridgway||The Big Heat (LP, Album)||I.R.S. Records||28AP 3227||Japan||1986|
Performer: Stan Ridgway
Title: The Big Heat
Date of release: 1986
Style: Alternative Rock, New Wave
Size MP3: 1900 mb
Size FLAC: 1828 mb
Rating: 4.9 / 5
Other Formats: DMF VOX MPC DXD APE VOC MP4