Clips from "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" (1973) (Hall Bartlett) Music by Neil Diamond and Lee Holdridge.
Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) (LP, Album). Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) (LP, Pit).
Jonathan Livingston Seagull is the Grammy Award winning soundtrack album to the 1973 American film Jonathan Livingston Seagull, recorded by singer-songwriter Neil Diamond and produced by Tom Catalano. The album was released on Columbia Records, Diamond's debut for that label after his contract with MCA Records' Uni subsidiary had expired, and grossed more than the film itself. It was Diamond's ninth studio album, and his first album after his successful 1972 live album Hot August Night
Neil Diamond puts himself into the shoes of a character, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, writing and singing music compelling and rich in texture and melody, to fit the portrait perfectly in a movie under the same name. Commend Tom Catalano for the musical direction and Lee Holdridge for the splendid and compelling orchestra and string arrangements.
More albums from Neil Diamond: Hot August Night III by Neil Diamond. And The Singer Sings His Song by Neil Diamond. Hot August Night, NYC (Live From Madison Square Garden) by Neil Diamond. Lovescape by Neil Diamond. Selección by Neil Diamond. The Movie Album (As Time Goes By) by Neil Diamond. September Morn by Neil Diamond.
Jonathan Livingston Seagull Soundtrack. I had this album of the soundtrack to the movie Jonathan Livingston Seagull many years ago, and had basically forgotten about this Neil Diamond album, until recently when browsing Neil’s releases over time I came across this and remembered how much I liked it,so if you like his music you may also like this one.
White Noise - Jonathan Livingston Seagull Neil Diamond - OST Jonathan Livingston Seagul 02 - Be White Noise - Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Live in Scone '97 Neil Diamond - Jonathan Livings yz. Neil Diamond – Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) Label:CBS – S 69047 B. Be 1:06 B. Lonely Looking Sky 2:32 B. Dear Father 5:50 B2 Anthem 3:03 B3 Be 1:06 B4 Skybird. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Neil Diamond Be (OST Jonathan Livingston Seagull).
Golden Globe® Winners: Best Original Score - Motion Picture 1973: Neil Diamond 43:28 minutes.
Album · 1973 · 12 Songs. More By Neil Diamond. See All. All-Time Greatest Hits. The Jazz Singer (Original Songs From the Motion Picture).
For the Neil Diamond soundtrack album, see Jonathan Livingston Seagull (album). Jonathan Livingston Seagull, written by Richard Bach and illustrated by Russell Munson, is a fable in novella form about a seagull who is trying to learn about life and flight, and a homily about self-perfection. Bach wrote it as a series of short stories that were published in Flying magazine in the late 1960s. The Grammy Award-winning soundtrack album was composed by Neil Diamond and produced by Tom Catalano. It won the 1974 Grammy Award as Best Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or a Television Special. The album apparently also made more money than the film
|A3||Flight Of The Gull||2:23|
|A6||Lonely Looking Sky||3:12|
|B1.2||Lonely Looking Sky||2:32|
- Manufactured By – CBS Records Canada Ltd.
- Published By – Stonebridge Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Distributed By – CBS Records Canada Ltd.
- Printed By – Shorewood Packaging Corp. Of Canada Ltd.
- Adapted By [For Orchestra], Conductor – Lee Holdridge
- Art Direction – David Larkham, Ed Caraeff, Michael Ross
- Art Direction [Executive Art Director] – Ron Coro
- Design [Package Design] – David Larkham, Michael Ross
- Engineer – Armin Steiner
- Leader [Bob Mitchell's Singing Boys] – Bob Mitchell
- Lyrics By, Music By – Neil Diamond
- Mixed By [Orchestra] – "Doc" Siegel*
- Musician – Abe Luboff, Allan Harshman, Andra Willis, Arnold Belnick, Arthur Maebe*, Arthur C. Smith, Arthur Hoberman, Assa Drori, Bernhard Kundell*, William B. Peterson*, Caesar Giovannini, Carl LaMagna, Chase Craig, Claire Hodgkins, Clark E. Spangler*, David B. Roberts, David Cohen, David A. Duke*, David Schwartz, Diana Lee, Dixie Blackstone, Donald Christlieb*, Emory L. Gordy, Jr.*, Gary L. Coleman*, Gayle Levant, Gene Cipriano, Gene P. Estes*, George Kast, Gordon Schoneberg, Hal Blaine, Harris Goldman, Harry Bluestone, Harry Hyans*, Henry Ferber, Henry Sigismondi*, Hoyt Bohannon, Hugo Raimondi, Ida Sue McCune, Isabelle Dashkoff*, Israel Baker, Jack Marsh, Jackie Ward, Jacob Krachmalnick, James Getzoff, Jerome A. Kessler*, Jesse Ehrlich, Joseph Mondragon*, Joe Osborn, John De Voogdt, John Ellis , Johnny Rotella*, Joseph Di Tullio*, Joseph Reilich, Jules Jacob, Julian Spear, Larry E. Carlton*, Lee Holdridge, Leonard Malarsky, Lew McCreary, Lou Klass, Louis Singer*, Louis Kievman, Luella Howard, Marilyn H. Baker*, Marvin Limonick, Michael S. Omartian*, Michael Lang*, Milton E. Nadel, Myer Bello, Nathan Ross, Norman Forrest, Owen Wilson Brady, Paul Beaver, Paulo Alencar, Pearl Kaufman, Peter A. Mercurio*, Phil Azelton, Philip Goldberg, Ralph E. Grierson*, Ralph Schaeffer, Raphael Kramer, Raymond J. Kelley*, Ray Siegel, Richard Bennett, Richard S. Kaufman*, Robert Dubow, Robert Konrad, Robert Ostrowsky, Robert K. Stone*, Rollice Dale, Ronald P. Folsom*, Sally Stevens, Samuel Boghossian, Selene Hurford, Sheldon Sanov, Sidney Sharp, Stan Sheldone, Sven Reher, Thomas N. Shepard*, Tibor Zelig, Thomas R. Hensley*, John T. Johnson*, Anthony Terran*, Victor S. Feldman*, Vincent N. DeRosa*, Wilbert Nuttycombe, William Criss, William Henderson , William Kurasch, Yukiko Kanei*
- Photography By – Ed Caraeff
- Photography By [Inside Cover Portrait Photo] – Tom Burke
- Producer, Directed By [Musical Director] – Tom Catalano
- Recorded By [Orchestra] – Andy Macdonald , Bill Gernand
- Vocals – Bob Mitchell's Singing Boys, Bradford S. Ralston, Brian Tatsuo Okamoto, Bruce Douglas MacLeod, Christopher J. Cartwright, Clement Shuji Hanami, Dale A. Cohen, Eric M. Williams, Erik Stanton Simmons, Jaime Rodriguez, Jeffrey M. Kennedy, John Robert Coniglio, Kirk E Alley, Mark Albert, Martin Shunji Nomura, Mathew James Leum, Michael DeWayne Clark, Michael Richard Leum, Paul Watson Wims, Jr., Ronald Trimby Young, Sean Patrick English, Sherman A. Williams III, Timothy J. Schmidt, Timothy John Butala, Tracy L. Thielen
NotesComes with a 12 page booklet.
Writing on the back of the sleeve differs from other releases
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|KS 32550||Neil Diamond||Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) (LP, Album, Gat)||Columbia||KS 32550||US||1973|
|CI 69047, S 69047||Neil Diamond||Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS||CI 69047, S 69047||Italy||1973|
|CS-10.161||Neil Diamond||Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) (LP, Album)||CBS||CS-10.161||Venezuela||1973|
|JST 32550||Neil Diamond||Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) (Cass, Album, RE)||Columbia||JST 32550||US||1981|
|JS 32550||Neil Diamond||Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track) (LP, Pit)||Columbia||JS 32550||US||1981|
Performer: Neil Diamond
Title: Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Original Motion Picture Sound Track)
Date of release: 1973
Style: Soundtrack, Pop Rock
Size MP3: 1727 mb
Size FLAC: 1164 mb
Rating: 4.8 / 5
Other Formats: AIFF AHX MP1 AA MIDI APE FLAC