Artist : Ohio Players Album : Skin Tight (1974). Авторы текста и музыки. James "Diamond" Williams, Marvin "Merv" Pierce, Leroy Bonner, Ralph Pee Wee Middlebrooks, Clarence Satchell, Marshall Jones.
Listen free to Ohio Players – Skin Tight (Skin Tight, Streakin' Cheek To Cheek and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Skin Tight was a major turning point for the Ohio Players, who had enjoyed several hits on black radio (including "Pain," "Funky Worm," "Varee Is Love," and "I Wanna Hear From You") but hadn't been huge. Switching from Westbound to Mercury, the Dayton funksters became exactly that - huge - and went from enjoying a cult following to being one of the most celebrated funk bands of the 1970s
Climax is the sixth album by The Ohio Players and the first of two compiled from tracks left over from previous sessions recorded for the Detroit-based Westbound label. They were signed to Mercury by the time Climax hit stores, and the album features only five new songs (with the other three pulled from previous albums). Their Mercury debut, Skin Tight, was released several months earlier.
Ohio Players Format: Audio Cassette. 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best Of Ohio Players.
Ohio Players – Skin Tight. Label: Mercury – PHCR-6085. Producer – Ohio Players. Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Valve Trombone, Backing Vocals – Merv. Trumpet, Trombone, Backing Vocals – Pee Wee.
Skin Tight,’ meanwhile, cruised into the top 40 in its second week and spent two weeks at its No. 13 peak in October. Before the end of the year, the Ohio Players’ hot streak truly burst into flames, as the single ‘Fire’ hit the pop and soul charts on its way to No. 1 on both. By the summer of 1976, they’d amassed a weighty five soul chart-toppers in little more than three years. The Skin Tight album of 1974, self-produced and recorded in Chicago, was also the one that began the group’s run of platinum-selling long players
Album · 1974 · 6 Songs.
ohio players skin tight. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Ohio Players Skin Tight. Ohio Players Skin Tight (Album Version) (Album Version). Ohio Players Skin Tight(OST New Girl).
Ohio Players were an American funk, soul music and R&B band, most popular in the 1970s. They are best known for their songs "Fire" and "Love Rollercoaster"; as well as for their erotic album covers that featured nude or nearly nude women. Many of the women were models featured in Playboy Magazine.
|A2||Streakin' Cheek To Cheek||5:43|
|A3||It's Your Night / Words Of Love||7:58|
|B2||Heaven Must Be Like This||7:18|
|B3||Is Anybody Gonna Be Saved?||4:56|
- Recorded At – Paragon Studios
- Remixed At – Paragon Studios
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Lacquer Cut At – Sterling Sound
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Phonogram, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Phonogram, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Phonogram, Inc.
- Distributed By – Phonogram, Inc.
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Designed At – Gnu World
- Published By – Ohio Players Music Co.
- Published By – Unichappell Music, Inc.
- Art Direction – AGI , Jim Ladwig
- Baritone Saxophone [Baritone Sax], Tenor Saxophone [Tenor Sax], Flute, Percussion, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Satch*
- Bass [Fender] – Jones*
- Design – Len Willis
- Drums, Chimes, Percussion, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Diamond*
- Engineer [Paragon Studios] – Barry Mraz
- Engineer [Sterling Sound] – Lee Hulko
- Guitar, Percussion, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Sugarfoot*
- Other [Special Consultant] – Robin McBride
- Photography By – Richard Fegley
- Piano, Organ, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes Piano], Clavinet, Synthesizer [Arp], Percussion, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Billy*
- Producer – Ohio Players
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Valve Trombone, Backing Vocals – Merv*
- Trumpet, Trombone, Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Pee Wee*
- Written-By – C. Satchell*, J. Williams*, L. Bonner*, M. Jones*, M. Pierce*, R. Middlebrooks*
℗ 1974 Phonogram, Inc.
Manufactured and Distributed by Phonogram, Inc.
All selections published by Ohio Players Music, Co. / Unichappell Music Inc. (BMI)
Also available on Musicassette and Stereo 8 tapes MCR-4-1-705—MC-8-1-705
Recorded and re-mixed at Paragon Studios, Chicago.
Mastered at Sterling Sound, New York.
Printed in U.S.A.
Philips | Mercury | Vertigo [logos on center labels]
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix, side A label): SRM-1-705 A
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix, side B label): SRM-1-705 B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout etched side A with STERLING stamp, variant 1): 2 (inverted) SRM-1-705 A-5 STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (Runout etched side B with STERLING stamp, variant 1): 1 SRM-1-705 B-5 STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (Runout etched side A with STERLING stamp, variant 2): S 2 (inverted) SRM-1-705 A-5 STERLING B 14
- Matrix / Runout (Runout etched side B with STERLING stamp, variant 2): S 2 (inverted) SRM-1- 705 B - 5 STERLING A 13
- Price Code (Spine): 0598
- Rights Society: BMI
|SRM-1-705||Ohio Players||Skin Tight (LP, Album, Gat)||Mercury||SRM-1-705||US||1974|
|63 38 497||Ohio Players||Skin Tight (LP, Album)||Mercury||63 38 497||Spain||1974|
|RJ-5155||Ohio Players||Skin Tight (LP, Album, Promo)||Mercury||RJ-5155||Japan||1974|
|6338 497||Ohio Players||Skin Tight (LP, Album)||Mercury||6338 497||Brazil||1974|
|SRM-1-705||Ohio Players||Skin Tight (LP, Album, RP)||Mercury||SRM-1-705||US||1974|
Performer: Ohio Players
Title: Skin Tight
Date of release: 1974
Size MP3: 1764 mb
Size FLAC: 1130 mb
Rating: 4.2 / 5
Other Formats: AA AHX DXD MIDI MP2 MP4 AUD