Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble's 2nd album will be released internationally on 24th of April.
Fire, Sweat & Pastis. The Road Is Long: Live at Savoy Theatre.
Their second album, Fire, Sweat & Pastis, became a folk recording of the year in Finland, and last year they released their third album, We Are Together, with which they also appeared at Womex. The story of the Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble began ten years ago. Finnish guitarist Janne Halonenan, an admirer of Lionel Loueke (a guitarist playing with Herbie Hancock) left for residence in Benin to learn the basics of woodoo rhythm. While in Benin, he became acquainted with Noel Saizonou, a top-notch singer, saxophonist and percussionist. For the next three years, they were exchanging ideas until.
The eight-member group released its second album Fire, Sweat & Pastis in autumn 2014; it entered the World Music Chart and was named Folk Music Album of the Year in Finland. Guitarist Janne Halonen from Helsinki went to Villa Karo in 2009 with a specific mission: he wanted to learn traditional voodoo rhythms, having been inspired by jazz guitarist Lionel Loueke from Benin among others. The music for the Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble is written by Janne Halonen and Noël Saizonou. fRoots magazine described their music as Weather Report meets Fela . The group sings in English and Gun. Not many people even in Benin can understand our lyrics, says Halonen. The group recorded their second album in Finland in 2014. By then, they had performed a lot together and had established a house style.
Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble - Fire, Sweat & Pastis (CD, Album, Dig). Osuuskunta No Problem! Music. Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble. Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble - The Road Is Long - Live At Savoy Theatre (LP, Album). Mikko Pettinen & Happy People.
Artist: Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble. Album: The Road Is Long: Live at Savoy Theatre. Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble - Hope Fire, Sweat & Pastis, 2014 08:24. Artist: Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble.
New music from Soapkills, the Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble and The Breath. Become a KPCC Sponsor. Recently on Take Two®. The next year, Halonen returned to Benin and a new phase began leading to the expanded, highly spirited sounds on the new album. And speaking of spirited, the Pastis of the album title, if you didn’t know, is an anise-flavored French liqueur. Make no mistake, this is an African album first and foremost
Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble: Finnish-Beninese afrobeat and funk band. Its leading lights are the Finnish guitarist Janne Halonen and the Beninese singer, percussionist and saxophonist Noël Saïzonou. The Road Is Long, One Shot, Agamafa Na Hèdé и другие песни. Вся дискография, Радио, Концерты, рекомендации и похожие исполнители. More Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble. Listen to Beaucoup De Piment! now. Listen to Beaucoup De Piment! in full in the this site app.
Osuuskunta No Problem! Music. A record label and booking agency for Finnish- Beninese orchestra, Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble. You must be logged in to see the public contact. You must be logged in to see the business contact.
|1||The Road Is Long||6:23|
|7||Ilé Baba Va||4:57|
|9||The Other Side||3:45|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Osuuskunta No Problem! Music
- Mixed At – Volume Productions Helsinki
- Arranged By – Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble
- Backing Vocals – Janne Halonen (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 10), Mikko Pettinen (tracks: 4, 9), Nöel Saïzonou* (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 7)
- Bass – Sampo Riskilä
- Design – Juha Liede
- Drums – Juha Räsänen
- Gong – Janne Halonen (tracks: 6, 9)
- Guitar – Janne Halonen
- Keyboards – Didier Ahouandjinou (tracks: 2, 10), Janne Halonen (tracks: 2, 4), Visa Oscar (tracks: 1, 3 to 9, 11)
- Lead Vocals – Janne Halonen (tracks: 9), Nöel Saïzonou* (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 7, 9, 10)
- Mastered By – Pauli Saastamoinen
- Mixed By – Petri Matara
- Percussion – Nöel Saïzonou*
- Photography By – Ilona Savoila, Janne Halonen, Joakim Berghäll, Jorma Airola, Mikko Viemerö, Tero Tuovinen
- Producer – Janne Halonen
- Recorded By – Nöel Saïzonou*, Pauli Halme, Petri Matara
- Saxophone – Joakim Berghäll (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 7, 9, 10)
- Trombone – Aaron Ahouandjinou (tracks: 2, 10 )
- Trumpet – Jeremi Ahouandjinou (tracks: 2, 10), Mikko Pettinen (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11)
- Voice – Nöel Saïzonou* (tracks: 11)
- Written-By – Janne Halonen (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 7, 9 to 11), Nöel Saïzonou* (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 7, 9 to 11), Traditional (tracks: 5, 8)
NotesMade in Benin/Finland
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 6430050710019
- Barcode (Text): 6 430050 710019
- Rights Society: n©b
- Rights Society (Boxed): Teosto
|ff 0067||Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble||Fire, Sweat And Pastis (CD, Album)||Flowfish Records||ff 0067||Germany||2015|
Performer: Helsinki-Cotonou Ensemble
Title: Fire, Sweat & Pastis
Date of release: 2014
Style: Afrobeat, African, Fusion
Size MP3: 1771 mb
Size FLAC: 1467 mb
Rating: 4.7 / 5
Other Formats: APE VOC ASF MP4 MP2 XM DTS