All lyrics from The Future album, popular Leonard Cohen songs with tracklist and information about album.
The Future is the ninth studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen, released in 1992. After touring successfully in support of his "comeback" album I'm Your Man (1988), Cohen took a year off to help his son Adam convalesce after a serious car accident in the West Indies left the young man in a coma for four months. Cohen also began a romantic relationship with the actress Rebecca De Mornay.
This was made probably by Cohen himself, and in any case, it's present in the ORIGINAL video clip - my copy comes from the official The Future press kit. Cohen himself sings "careless sex" instead of "anal sex" - in 1993 tour, honn the concerts which were broadcast, and in 2008-2010 tour constantly on every single show.
The Future is an album by Leonard Cohen. All songs written by Leonard Cohen, except where noted. Orchestral and background vocal arrangements by David Campbell. Waiting for the Miracle" (Cohen, Sharon Robinson) – 7:42. Be for Real" (Frederick Knight) – 4:32. Light as the Breeze" – 7:14. Always" (Irving Berlin) – 8:04. Tacoma Trailer" – 5:57.
The title track of the album The Future, released in 1992, this is one of Leonard Cohen’s darkest and most mysterious songs. The ambiguous singer is describing a prophetic vision of a future - possibly a religious apocalypse based on the Judeo-Christian tradition and the Eastern concept of Moksha/Nirvana. Realizing that the future is not to his liking, the singer asks for the world to be restored to its previous state, one of violence and separation. This song is strongly related to other Leonard Cohen songs that touched on similar themes, most notably: If It Be Your Will.
Band Name Leonard Cohen. Album Name The Future. Erscheinungsdatum 1992. Labels Columbia Records Sony Music. Musik GenreFolk Rock. Mitglieder die dieses Album besitzen4. 2. Waiting for the Miracle. 7. Light As the Breeze.
Features Song Lyrics for Leonard Cohen's The Future album. Leonard Cohen - The Future Album Lyrics. 1. The Future Lyrics. Waiting for the Miracle Lyrics.
Leonard Cohen's deeply personal first LPs came out at a time when many of his peers were issuing furious, red rants; he clearly had little interest in sticking with the pack at the time. So it makes a certain kind of contrary sense that Cohen would put out an offbeat topical collection two and a half decades later. The Future is an odd duck of an album; it's also brave, funny, and fascinating
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Strings, Backing Vocals], Conductor [Strings, Backing Vocals] – David CampbellDrums – Steve MeadorEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarGuitar – Bob MetzgerProducer, Arranged By – Leonard CohenProgrammed By, Performer – Leonard Cohen, Yoav GorenTambourine – Lenny Castro
|2||Waiting For The Miracle
Arranged By – Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay, Yoav GorenArranged By [Additional Strings] – David CampbellBacking Vocals – Anjani ThomasEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarMandolin – Dean ParksPercussion – Lenny CastroProducer [Additional] – Steve Lindsey Producer, Programmed By, Performer – Leonard Cohen, Yoav GorenViolin – Bob FurgoWritten-By – Leonard Cohen, Sharon Robinson
|3||Be For Real
Arranged By [Strings] – David CampbellBacking Vocals – Jacquelyn Gouche-Farris, Tony Warren, Valerie Pinkston-Mayo*Bass – Freddie WashingtonDrums – James GadsonEngineer [Additional] – Eric AnestEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarGuitar – Paul Jackson, Jr.*Organ, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Mellotron – Steve Lindsey Percussion – Lenny CastroPiano – Greg PhillinganesProducer, Arranged By – Steve Lindsey Steel Guitar [Pedal] – Bob MetzgerWritten-By – Frederick Knight
Arranged By, Programmed By, Performer – Leonard Cohen, Yoav GorenBacking Vocals – Julie Christensen, Perla BatallaBass [Intro] – Bob GlaubEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarGuitar – Bob MetzgerProducer – Leanne Ungar, Leonard CohenViolin – Bob Furgo
Arranged By – Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay, Yoav GorenArranged By [Strings, Backing Vocals], Conductor [Strings, Backing Vocals] – David CampbellBass, Electric Guitar – Bob MetzgerChoir – LA Mass Choir*Conductor [Choir] – Donald Taylor Drums – Steve MeadorEngineer – Leanne Ungar, Richard CottrellMixed By – Leanne UngarPercussion – Lenny CastroProducer – Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay
Arranged By, Programmed By, Performer, Keyboards – Jeff FisherBacking Vocals – David Morgan, Jennifer Warnes, Julie ChristensenDrums – Vinnie ColaiutaEngineer [Los Angeles] – David Shober*, Leanne Ungar, Richard CottrellEngineer [Montreal] – Ian Terry Guitar, Mandolin – Dean ParksKeyboards [Additional] – Randy Kerber, Steve Lindsey Mixed By – Leanne UngarProducer [Additional], Arranged By [Additional] – Steve Lindsey Producer, Arranged By [Additional] – Leonard CohenSynthesizer [Bass] – John Barnes
|7||Light As The Breeze
Arranged By [Backing Vocals], Backing Vocals – Jennifer WarnesElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Bob MetzgerEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarProducer – Bill Ginn, Leonard CohenProgrammed By [Synclavier] – Bill Ginn, Steve Croes*Programmed By, Performer – Bill GinnViolin, Saxophone – Bob Furgo, Leonard Cohen
Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Weissenborn] – Dean ParksArranged By [Horns], Trumpet, Trombone – Lee R. Thornburg*Backing Vocals – Edna Wright, Jean Johnson, Peggy Blue*Baritone Saxophone – Greg Smith Bass – Lee Sklar*Drums – Ed Greene Electric Guitar – Dennis HerringEngineer [Additional] – Eric AnestEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarOrgan [Ice Rink], Producer – Steve Lindsey Organ [Pad] – Michael Finnigan*Piano – Jim CoxTambourine – Lenny CastroTenor Saxophone – Brandon Fields, Lon PriceWritten-By – Irving Berlin
Arranged By – Leonard CohenEngineer, Mixed By – Leanne UngarProducer, Programmed By, Performer – Bill GinnSynthesizer [Synclavier] – Steve Croes*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Published By – Leonard Cohen Stranger Music, Inc.
- Published By – Robinhill Music
- Published By – Irving Music, Inc.
- Published By – Two-Knight Music, Inc.
- Recorded At – Image Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Recorded At – Capitol Studios
- Recorded At – The Complex
- Recorded At – The Village Recorder
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Studio Tempo
- Recorded At – Studio 56
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – Mad Hatter Studios
- Recorded At – Studio II
- Recorded At – House Of Soul
- Pressed By – Sony Music – S0147249810-0101
- Artwork [Original Hummingbird Drawing] – Diane Lawrence*
- Choir [On The Various Tunes] – Aladrian Elmore, Brenda Eager*, Carmen Twillie, Cynthia Bass, Dana Stockard, Evette Andrews, Gigi Bailey, Jeralynthia Banks, Jimmie Frazier, Julia Waters, Julie Christensen, Kevin Shoates, Lashana Dendy*, Lavan Davis, Laythan Amot, Maxine Waters, Mona Lisa Young, Nysa Larry, Oren Waters, Patricia Finnie, Perla Batalla, Raven Kane, Roseland Parker, Sonya Griffin, Stephen Lively, Steve Berkley, Theresa Walker
- Design [Cover Design] – Michael Petit
- Engineer [Second - On The Various Tunes] – Ben Wallach, Chad Blinman, Charlie Paakkari, Doug DeForest, Duane Seykora, Enrico DePaoli*, Eric Anest, Jason Roberts, Mark Guilbeault, Morton Brumbach*, Ray Blair, Richard Kaplan, Rob Hart*, Talley Sherwood, Tom Winslow
- Management – Kelley Lynch
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Producer – Bill Ginn, Leanne Ungar, Leonard Cohen, Rebecca De Mornay, Steve Lindsey , Yoav Goren
- Strings [On The Various Tunes] – Berj Garabedian, Bruce Dukov, Daniel Smith , David Campbell, Donald Ferrone*, Joel Derouin, Larry Corbett, Raymond Tischer, II*, Ron Clark, Sid Page, Suzie Katayama, Thomas Tally*
- Written-By – Leonard Cohen (tracks: 1, 4 to 7, 9)
NotesComes in a jewel case with a 12-page-booklet.
Acknowledgement: I tried to thank you along the way, but if I didn't, let me thank you now.
1) Image Recording Studio, Cherokee Recording Studio, Capitol Recording Studio, The Complex;
2) Image Recording Studio, House Of Soul, Village Recorder, Capitol Recording Studio, The Complex;
3) House Of Soul, Village Recorder, Image Recording Studio, Studio II, The Complex;
4) Image Recording Studio, The Complex;
5) Village Recorder, Image Recording Studio, Capitol Recording Studio, House Of Soul, Ocean Way Recording Studio, The Complex;
6) Studio Tempo (Montreal), Village Recorder, Capitol Recording Studio, Image Recording Studio, House Of Soul, Studio 56, The Complex;
7) The Complex;
8) Capitol Recording Studio, Image Recording Studio, The Complex, Studio 56, House Of Soul, Sunset Sound;
9) Image Recording Studio, The Mad Hatter, The Complex.
Drums on 5 provided by The Drum Doctor.
© 1992 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Catalog number 472498 2 on spine and disc
Catalog number COL 472498 2 on back sleeve
Catalog number 02-472498-10 on back sleeve and disc.
Made in Austria.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099747 249822
- Barcode (String): 5099747249822
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 2): S0147249810-0101 74 A 6 Sony Music
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3, 5): S0147249810-0101 63 A9 Sony Music
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): Sony Music S0147249810-0101 85 A00
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2): IFPI L554
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 3, 5): IFPI L553
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI L555
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 948A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 946P
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 94K6
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 94K2
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI 947A
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Distribution Code: CB 681
- Other: CDM
|COL 472498 1||Leonard Cohen||The Future (LP, Album)||Columbia||COL 472498 1||Europe||1992|
|COL 472498 4||Leonard Cohen||The Future (Cass, Album)||Columbia||COL 472498 4||Greece||1992|
|672||Leonard Cohen||The Future (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Vivo||672||Romania||Unknown|
|CCK 53226, CK 53226||Leonard Cohen||The Future (CD, Album, Club)||Columbia, Columbia||CCK 53226, CK 53226||Canada||1992|
|MOVLP503||Leonard Cohen||The Future (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Music On Vinyl, Columbia||MOVLP503||Europe||2012|
Performer: Leonard Cohen
Title: The Future
Style: Folk Rock, Ballad
Size MP3: 1986 mb
Size FLAC: 1898 mb
Rating: 4.5 / 5
Other Formats: WMA AC3 MPC DMF AHX DTS FLAC