Written and produced by none other than Norman Whitfield
1990 is a 1973 album by The Temptations for the Gordy (Motown) lebel,their final LP written and produced by Norman Whitfield.
A The Temptations album, with duration of: 37:35.
Redirected from 1990 (Temptations album)). 1990 is a 1973 album by The Temptations for the Gordy (Motown) label, their final LP written and produced by Norman Whitfield. The LP was the center of a number of problems. The Temptations were dissatisfied with Whitfield's socially conscious message tracks, which were by now failing commercially, and desired to get back to singing ballads.
The Temptations Do The Temptations. Paradise - Quality Music. Silver Collection: The Temptations. Yield to Temptation: The Early Works Before Becoming Motown's Group. The Best Christmas Album 2017.
Anthology: The Temptations is one of three greatest hits collections released by Motown Records covering the work of soul/R&B group The Temptations. The initial release was a vinyl three-LP set issued on August 23, 1973, which covered the group's work up to that point. A compact disc double album version was issued in 1986, including five additional tracks recorded between 1973 and 1984.
1990 (LP, Album, Promo). Tamla Motown, Tamla Motown. 3E 346-95 061. The Temptations. 1990 (8-Trk, S/Sided, Album). Tamla Motown, EMI Records (Switzerland) AG. Switzerland.
1990 is a 1973 album by The Temptations for the Gordy (Motown) label, their final LP written and produced by Norman Whitfield. A Motown executive did not thank the United States' DJs while accepting an award for the Temptations at the 1974 American Music Awards, and, as a result, the DJs refused to play "Heavenly". You've Got My Soul on Fire", another Edwards-led funk track, also stalled out on the pop charts. The Temptations remained dissatisfied with Whitfield's "slave-driver" like production mentality and his tendency to overshadow the Temptations' contributions to their own records by emphasising his production techniques and creating extended instrumental tracks.
No one has said anything yet. Contributions By. ounk, Zappa.
|A1||Let Your Hair Down||2:45|
|A2||I Need You||3:05|
|A4||You've Got My Soul On Fire||3:59|
|A5||Ain't No Justice||5:50|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Motown Record Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Motown Record Corporation
- Mastered At – RCA Studios, Hollywood
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis
- Record Company – Motown Record Corporation
- Published By – Stone Diamond Music Corp.
- Arranged By – Paul Riser
- Bass – James Jamerson, Lequeint Jobe*, Ron Brown
- Congas – Bobbye Hall, Terral W. Santiel*
- Design – Desmond Strobel, John Cabalka, Terry Squire
- Design Concept [Cover Concept] – Jim Britt
- Drums – Aaron Smith , Ed Greene , Henry Garner, Jr.*, James Gadson
- Engineer [Mastering Engineer] – Norman Whitfield, Russ Terrana
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Art Stewart, Cal Harris, Larry Miles, Russ Terrana
- Guitar – Dennis Coffey, Eddie Wills, Kenji Brown, Melvin "Wah Wah" Ragin*
- Keyboards – Earl Van Dyke, Mark Davis , Victor Nix
- Other [Creative Assistant To Norman Whitfield] – Asari Graham
- Photography By – Jim Britt
- Producer – Norman Whitfield
- Tambourine – Jack Ashford
- Tenor Saxophone – Michael Moore
- Trombone – George Bohanon
- Trumpet – Fred Dunn*, Kenneth Copeland*
- Written-By – Norman Whitfield
NotesRCA Records Pressing Plant, Indianapolis pressing denoted by "I" stamp in runouts.
White labels with black print state "D.J. Copy Not For Sale".
G966V1 on spine, G 966V1 DJ on labels.
Top-opening jacket with stiff-paper credit / photo inner sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix A, on label): C5RS-8060-1
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix B, on label): C5RS-8061-2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched / I A2 stamped): G966V1-C5RS- 8060-1 S 01B I A2
- Matrix / Runout (Runout B etched / I A1 stamped): G966V1-C5RS- 8061-2 S 01A I A1
- Rights Society: BMI
|G 966V1||The Temptations||1990 (LP, Album)||Gordy||G 966V1||US||1973|
|SWX-6075, SMOT-6047||The Temptations||1990 (LP, Album, Promo)||Tamla Motown, Tamla Motown||SWX-6075, SMOT-6047||Japan||1973|
|3E 346-95 061||The Temptations||1990 (8-Trk, S/Sided, Album)||Tamla Motown, EMI Records (Switzerland) AG||3E 346-95 061||Switzerland||1973|
|CI-138||The Temptations||1990 (LP, Album)||Tamla Motown||CI-138||Colombia||Unknown|
|G 966V1||The Temptations||1990 (LP, Album)||Motown||G 966V1||Canada||1973|
Performer: The Temptations
Date of release: 1973
Style: Soul, Funk
Size MP3: 1357 mb
Size FLAC: 1749 mb
Rating: 4.3 / 5
Other Formats: APE WAV TTA VOC MOD ADX FLAC