Right On (LP, Album).
Wilson Picket: все альбомы, включая The Complete Atlantic Albums Collection, The Exciting, The Wicked Pickett и другие.
Soul Legend Wilson Pickett - Wilson Pickett. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией
Funky War. Sugar Sugar. You Keep Me Hangin' on. Lord Pity Us All. It's Still Good. She Said Yes. Hey Joe. Steal Away.
Right On is the tenth studio album release by R&B and soul singer Wilson Pickett released in 1970. The album is considered by many critics to be a valley in between the two peaks of the Hey Jude album in 1969 and the Gamble and Huff produced Wilson Pickett In Philadelphia album that came later in 1970.
Wilson Pickett (March 18, 1941 – January 19, 2006) was an American R&B, soul and rock and roll singer and songwriter. A major figure in the development of American soul music, Pickett recorded over 50 songs which made the US R&B charts, many of which crossed over to the Billboard Hot 100. Among his best-known hits are "In the Midnight Hour" (which he co-wrote), "Land of 1,000 Dances", "Mustang Sally", and "Funky Broadway". Pickett was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1991, in recognition of his impact on songwriting and recording. Right-On is the third album of jazz and pop standards by Swiss jazz drummer Charly Antolini featuring UK tenor sax player Dick Morrissey.
Wilson Pickett In Philadelphia (1970)Wilson Pickett In Philadelphia1970. Don't Knock My Love (1972)Don't Knock My Love1972. Hit covers of The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hangin' On" ( R&B, Pop) and The Archies' "Sugar Sugar" ( R&B, Pop), as well as the Pickett original "She Said Yes" ( R&B, Pop) came from these sessions. The album, however, had dismal sales
Album by Wilson Pickett. Funky Way. Sugar, Sugar. Lord, Pity Us All.
Wilson Pickett encountered a momentary slump in 1970, as this album was his first for Atlantic in many years that stayed locked in the bottom rungs of the pop Top 200 albums. Pickett did get a fluke novelty hit with "Sugar, Sugar," maybe his worst soul smash ever. The album wasn't a total disaster, but everyone forgot about it quickly when Atlantic rushed out Wilson Pickett in Philadelphia later that year. 1 Groovy Little Woman Wilson Pickett 2:40. 2 Funky War Wilson Pickett 2:30. 3 Sugar Sugar Wilson Pickett 2:58.
|A1||Groovy Little Woman||2:38|
|A5||This Old Town||3:19|
|A6||You Keep Me Hangin' On||4:43|
|B1||Lord Pity Us All||3:44|
|B2||It's Still Good||2:36|
|B3||Woman Likes To Hear That||2:50|
|B4||She Said Yes||3:15|
- Pressed By – Presswell
- Arranged By [Horn Arrangements] – Tom Dowd
- Backing Band – Cold Grits (tracks: A2, A4, A6, B3, B4, B6), Muscle Shoals Sound Rhythm Section, The* (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2)
- Backing Vocals – Cissy Houston, Jackie Verdell, John Utley, Judy Clay
- Bass – David Hood (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2), Harold Cowart (tracks: A2, A4, A6, B3, B4, B6)
- Design [Cover] – Haig Adishian
- Drums – Roger Hawkins (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2), Tubby Zeigler* (tracks: A2, A4, A6, B3, B4, B6)
- Engineer [Recording, Vocal Overdubs] – Jerome Gasper, Lewis Hahn*
- Engineer [Recording] – Chuck Kirkpatrick, Ronnie Albert*
- Guitar – Jim O'Rourke* (tracks: A2, A4, A6, B3, B4, B6)
- Keyboards – Barry Beckett (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2), Billy Carter (tracks: A2, A4, A6, B3, B4, B6)
- Lead Guitar – Eddie Hinton (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2)
- Photography By [Backliner] – Stephen Paley
- Photography By [Cover] – Jim Cummins
- Producer – Dave Crawford (tracks: A2, A4, A6, B4, B6), Jerry Wexler (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2), Rick Hall (tracks: B5), Tom Dowd (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1 to B3)
- Rhythm Guitar – Jimmy Johnson (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B1, B2)
Notes"Hey Joe" recorded at Fame Studios, Muscle Shoals, Alabama. All other selections recorded at Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida. Vocal overdubs recorded at Atlantic Studios, New York City.
"PR" in label matrix denotes a Presswell pressing.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): ST-A-691813 PR
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): ST-A-691914 PR
|SD 8250||Wilson Pickett||Right On (LP, Album, MO )||Atlantic||SD 8250||US||1970|
|ATL-SD 8250, SD 8250||Wilson Pickett||Right On (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||ATL-SD 8250, SD 8250||Germany||1970|
|SD 8250, SD. 8250||Wilson Pickett||Right On (LP, Album)||Atlantic, Atlantic||SD 8250, SD. 8250||Canada||1970|
|SD 8250||Wilson Pickett||Right On (LP, Album, CTH)||Atlantic||SD 8250||US||1970|
|M88250||Wilson Pickett||Right On (8-Trk, Album)||Atlantic||M88250||US||Unknown|
Performer: Wilson Pickett
Title: Right On
Date of release: 1970
Style: Rhythm & Blues, Soul
Size MP3: 1341 mb
Size FLAC: 1278 mb
Rating: 4.5 / 5
Other Formats: FLAC AUD AAC MIDI AA DTS DXD