Frank Foster (sax, cond, arr) Thomas Vogel (tp) Don Rader (tp) Karl Farrent (tp) Lubomir Rezanina (tp) Rudolf Reindl (tp) Marc Godfroid (tb) Ludwig Nub (tb) Ian . Fresh Taste Of Thad Jones And Frank Foster (A). Лицензиар. NaxosofAmerica (от лица компании "SWR Classic"); Memory Lane Music (Publishing), Exploration Group (Music Publishing).
Огромный каталог альбомов и сборников джазовой музыки, которую вы можете слушать онлайн или скачать в mp3 формате бесплатно.
Frank Foster is their special guest, leading the band through a series of his charts and a few by another Count Basie alum, the late Thad Jones, though many of these compositions deserve to be more widely known. The band swings while sounding a bit more modern than Basie's recordings of these charts, which should come as no surprise as the original recordings were made decades earlier by a very different lineup.
Filed under Big Band By SWR BIG BAND. 1 Counter Block 5:13 2 Mean What You Say 5:11 3 Ode To Joe Newman 5:15 4 Winners 5:08 5 Love Handles 4:58 6 Basic-Ally Yours 6:03 7 Victorious Blues 6:36 8 Now That She's Away 6:01 9 Biddle-De-Bop Samba 5:08 10 Lady in Lace 7:58 11 Fresh Taste. Thanks to snobb for the addition. Maria Schneider & SWR Big Band SWRmusic 2018. SWR Big Band: Live at Elbphilharmonie Hamburg SWR Classic 2018.
By Frank Foster, The SWR Big Band. More by Frank Foster. Swingville Volume 19: Good 'N' Groovy. Classic Hope, Vol. 3: Hope Meets Foster. Classic Hope Vol. Listen to Fresh Taste Of Thad Jones And Frank Foster (A) now. Listen to Fresh Taste Of Thad Jones And Frank Foster (A) in full in the this site app.
Fresh Taste Of Thad Jones And Frank Foster (A). ℗ 2006 SWR Classic. Released on: 2006-09-01. Artist: Frank Foster Orchestra: SWR Big Band Composer: F. Foster Composer: Frank Foster. Auto-generated by YouTube.
Frank Benjamin Foster III (September 23, 1928 – July 26, 2011) was an American tenor and soprano saxophonist, flautist, arranger, and composer. Foster collaborated frequently with Count Basie and worked as a bandleader from the early 1950s. In 1998, Howard University awarded Frank Foster with the BENNY GOLSON JAZZ MASTER AWARD. Foster received two Grammy Awards: the first, for his big band arrangement of the Diane Schuur composition "Deedles' Blues" (Best Arrangement Accompanying a Vocal, 1987), and the second for his arrangement of guitarist/vocalist George Benson's composition "Basie's Bag" (Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Big Band, 1990). 1995: A Fresh Taste of Thad Jones and Frank Foster (Hänssler Classics). 1996: Leo Rising (Arabesque).
Frank Foster's Cypress Bottom Boogie. Hank Williams Jr. Musician/band.
|2||Mean What You Say||5:11|
|3||Ode To Joe Newman||5:15|
|8||Now That She's Away||6:01|
|9||The Biddle-De-Bop Samba||5:08|
|10||Lady In Lace||7:58|
|11||A Fresh Taste Of The Blues||8:43|
- Recorded At – Villa Berg, Stuttgart
- Recorded At – SWR U-Musik-Studio
- Arranged By – Frank Foster (tracks: 2 to 5, 7, 8, 10, 11), Thad Jones (tracks: 1, 6, 9)
- Bass – Henning Sieverts
- Composed By – Frank Foster (tracks: 3 to 5, 7, 8, 10, 11), Thad Jones (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 9)
- Drums – Jörg Gebhardt (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9), Keith Copeland (tracks: 3 to 5, 7, 10, 11)
- Guitar – Klaus-Peter Schöpfer
- Leader, Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Frank Foster
- Piano, Electric Piano – Klaus Wagenleiter
- Soloist, Alto Saxophone – Bernd Rabe (tracks: 11)
- Soloist, Bass – Henning Sieverts (tracks: 10, 11)
- Soloist, Drums – Jörg Gebhardt (tracks: 1), Keith Copeland (tracks: 5)
- Soloist, Electric Piano – Klaus Wagenleiter (tracks: 4)
- Soloist, Flugelhorn – Don Rader (tracks: 7 to 9), Karl Farrent (tracks: 3, 11)
- Soloist, Guitar – Klaus-Peter Schöpfer (tracks: 7, 11)
- Soloist, Piano – Klaus Wagenleiter (tracks: 2, 5, 6)
- Soloist, Soprano Saxophone – Frank Foster (tracks: 4, 11), Klaus Graf (tracks: 9)
- Soloist, Tenor Saxophone – Andi Maile* (tracks: 1, 11), Frank Foster (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 10), Peter Weniger (tracks: 1, 7)
- Soloist, Trombone – Ian Cumming (tracks: 2, 11), Ludwig Nuß (tracks: 10)
- Soloist, Trumpet – Don Rader (tracks: 3, 11)
- Trombone – Ernst Hutter (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9), Georg Maus, Ian Cumming, Ludwig Nuß
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Don Rader, Karl Farrent, Lubomir Rezanina*, Rudi Reindl, Thomas Vogel
- Tuba – Jürgen Wirth (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9)
- Woodwind – Andi Maile*, Axel Kühn (tracks: 3 to 5, 7, 10, 11), Bernd Rabe, Klaus Graf (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9), Peter Weniger, Rainer Heute
NotesRecording 13.12 - 15.12.1994, Sendesaal Villa Berg, Stuttgart
13, 15 & 16.04.1996, SWR U-Musik-Studio, Stuttgart
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 010276 018582
Performer: Frank Foster
Title: A Fresh Taste Of Thad Jones And Frank Foster
Date of release: 2006
Style: Big Band, Swing
Size MP3: 1127 mb
Size FLAC: 1600 mb
Rating: 4.9 / 5
Other Formats: DXD MPC AUD MMF MIDI VQF AA